This event assumes no prior experience with Figma. We will be demoing features in the tool, and you may want to bring a computer to follow along. Figma is free and on the web.
General audience, designers, developers, digital marketers, etc
We’re meeting to establish a Figma community of practice in Atlanta. We will work as a community to provide knowledge and support to individuals and design practices interested in empowering their studios with realtime collaboration and powerful design system management through Figma and other tools where appropriate (Framer X, Principle, etc) During this first meeting, we will introduce basic Figma concepts via an interactive demo.
- Find our way around Figma’s interface
- Experiment with some of the key functions
- Learn important keyboard shortcuts
- Figure out how to control the interface (zooming etc.)
- Create Frames, Rectangles, and Text layers
- Use Arrange and Align commands
- Create Component
- Apply Constraints
- Nest a component
- Apply style & text overrides
BYO Laptop/Charger/Rubber Ducky (whatever you need for working session)
BYO Paper/Pens/Sticky Notes (something to write with/on)
After the meetup we will share out presentation & Figma Links to everyone who RSVP'ed via Meetup!