Understand how to identify potential usability issues and areas for improvement based on Expert Review techniques.
About this event
Having user data, whether qualitative or quantitative, is always recommended...
But with the right training and processes, user experience professionals can supplement research and data analytics with UX reviews and assessments, providing several beneficial outcomes without having to conduct studies or data analysis, such as:
- Identifying potential usability issues and areas for improvement
- Determining whether user interface principles and best practices are in place
- Conducting a comparable UX assessment of competing product experiences
- Quantifying usability without conducting user research though the use of severity ratings and ease-of-use scorecards
- Prioritising product roadmaps when there is no time for research or data collection, or when another perspective is needed
In this Meetup we will talk about Usability, Layers of User Experience and 2 inspection and analysis methods that, when conducted properly, will reliably produce insights about the quality of your user experience and how to potentially improve it.
These skills supplement other research methods such as usability testing, quantitative benchmarking, and analysis of passively gathered user data.
Concept of usability
Layers of User Experience
Heuristic Analysis, Best Practices and Design Principles